Yummy Crochet!

Untitled

I made some food from Yummy Crochet by Kristen Rask (a little crochet kit I was given this summer), for a couple of different people for Christmas.  I have lots of pictures, but you may not want to look at them all if you're hungry!

Untitled

The kit came with some yarn and a small crochet hook, but for me, the yarn and the hook were way too small.  Instead, I just used the patterns in the book, a G hook and worsted weight acrylic yarn (Vanna's Choice, and one skein of Red Heart).

Untitled

These little oranges are probably my favorite.  So simple and cute!

Untitled

Untitled

The corn.  Comes.  Out.  Of.  The.  Cobb.  How cool is that?!

Untitled

And here are the makings for a BLT sandwich!

Untitled

Untitled

I must say, this cheeseburger looks pretty delicious as well!

Untitled

With the burger I had to make the pattern for the burger patty smaller myself because the original one made the burger super tall (if you can picture it even bigger)!

Untitled

Untitled

All the previous food was for an adorable 2 year old.  I thought she needed a little shopping bag to put it all in, so I stamped her name onto a little canvas tote.

Untitled

My sister made her a little apron and oven mitt!

Untitled

I think that fabric is so cute!!

Untitled

I think she's ready for some serious food play!

Untitled

When I saw the pattern for the peas in a pod, I thought it was perfect for my friend who has a two peas in a pod salt and pepper shaker set!

Untitled

And of course the peas come out of the pod!!

Untitled

The rest of this food was for the family that got me the Yummy Crochet kit!  I used the patterns in the book and modified a few of them to appeal more to their specific tastes!

Untitled

Doesn't that chocolate swirl look delicious?!

Untitled

I made up some little marshmallows to go with the cup of hot chocolate!

Untitled

This donut is modeled off a donut that Homer Simpson might get from the Lard Lad Donuts shop.

Untitled

Untitled

This sushi is just too cute!

Untitled

Mmmm a bacon burger.....

Untitled

Alright, this last picture of bacon has put me over the edge!  I need a snack!!

Comments

  1. These are absolutely adorable! That first set for the child is absolutely brilliant - what a wonderful idea. I absolutely love it! I've had a set of crocheted cupcake-paperweights on my list of gift-ideas for a while now - I think you've given me the inspiration to start working on them in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Best of luck with your cupcake paperweights! Sounds like a cute idea!
      Happy crafting,
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. One cup-cake please with chocolate frosting and dental floss to get the hairy bits out afterwards!!! These are all great, but those two peas in a pod and the corn on the cob are fantastic!
    Kate, you have made enough things to open a shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. How cute. The corn that comes out of the cob, so cute. Of course the cupcake and the hot chocolate with marshmellows, adorable!!!!
    Great food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... that corn is so great. I also like the donut. So many details.

    Grumble grumble... there goes my stomach grumbling!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. argggg i love these! what a brilliant and fun gift for your neice (love the pinny and oven mitt too). boy oh boy, the kids in your family are so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Oh how absolutly adorable i love that crocheted cheese burger, really really cute....what a lovely jolly post...
    Pixie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts