Doilies!

29-45 Doily

I thought I'd share some doilies I just recently made as part of a bridal shower gift for a friend.  The charted pattern for this doily can be found here, and if you have Ravelry, here is the pattern page.  I love this pattern, and this is the second doily I've made from it.

29-45 Doily close up

I used Red Heart Classic Size 10 thread in Natural with a 1.65 mm hook.  I tried very hard to keep track of how long it took me, because I always get asked that, so it took between 6 1/2 and 7 hours.  If you try it, blocking is a must!  Don't be scared if it doesn't look like it's going to lay flat when you're done crocheting... it just needs to be blocked!

Pale Crocus Doily

This doily is the Pale Crocus (February) from Leisure Arts' A Year of Doilies.  (Those with Ravelry, pattern page is here.)  I used the same thread and a 1.5 mm hook.  And I blocked this one as well.

Pale Crocus close up

I think they turned out great, and she said she's going to use them for the wedding!

Comments

  1. They're both very pretty - lovely work. And it's such a great compliment that your friend is going to use them in her wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out just beautiful.
    I have made tiny ones back when I made doll houses. I don't think I could do that detailed work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.World.
    They are stunning... I love how perfect they look. Thank so much for sharing, they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful....such patience. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts