A Bright Bag Granny Square

Lacy Granny Square

I wasn't quite done with the colors from my overylay crochet mandala, so I used the left over yarn and tried out a pattern I've had on my "to make" list for awhile!  This pattern is the Lacy Granny Square by one of my blog friends, Sany of Bright Bag.  (It even has a mandala-ish feel to it!)

Lacy Granny Square

This was a fun block to make!  She drew out a chart, and I love charted patterns!  (She also made a chart that shows how she does a diagonal color change!  It's brilliant, and I made another square to try it.  But more on that in another post...)

Lacy Granny Square

You really should go check out Sany's Lacy Granny Squares.  She's made several different color variations.  It's so cool that one pattern can create so many different looks!

(She also made a block [HERE!] inspired by my Geometric Heart tutorial, and it is way cuter than mine haha!!  Love her colors, and she crocheted the blocks together as she went!  That takes a lot of planning!)

Comments

  1. It's lovely and colorful, love it :)

    Have a great day!!

    Lluisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours really looks like a mandala! Amazing colors as always! ;)
    Can't wait to see the one with diagonal color change..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you're quite taken with that colour combo! It's beautiful - and the colours are making me think of spring!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a pretty square - love the colors that you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Kate! I love the fresh colours and the white makes the others pop! Yes, very mandala-like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove this square! You should make a couple to keep your mandala company :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts