Mission Easter Table: Step 4

Green and Yellow Easter Eggs

Use eggs to get some geometric shapes on the table.  (Don't act like you're surprised; you know my compulsion by now.)  Check.

Green and Yellow Easter Eggs

This was an experiment also as I'd never tried this dyeing technique before...  I used painter's tape and thin masking tape to put designs on my eggs, and dyed them (only yellow and green to keep within my table color scheme of course) using the Paas Color Cups.  Once the eggs were dry I peeled off the tape.

Green and Yellow Easter Eggs

I found the wooden egg cups at the craft store, and painted them white to match the pedestal center piece and ramekin bowls.

Green and Yellow Easter Eggs

The tape bled a bit in spots, but I like the results!!  I'm not sure why some of the green eggs ended up with some teal spots on them... maybe there was some cross contamination with the yellow or some chemical reaction with something already on the eggs?  Regardless, I'm excited to see how they will look with everything else!  Just a few more things to go...

Comments

  1. These are such fun, Kate! I rather like the mottled look on the green eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....last step : a big pic of your lovely table!!!!!
    Buona Pasqua my dear,
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts