New Orleans Runner

Untitled

Here's my latest finished doily project!  I made this runner from the New Orleans Bedspread Pattern.  I think it's a great (free!) vintage pattern, and very easy to understand!

Untitled

As for the crochet specifics, I used size 10 thread in the color "natural," with a 1.65 mm steel hook.

Untitled

I made the runner six squares by two squares, making the final dimensions 39 1/2 in x 13 in.

Untitled

I love how the squares are joined as you crochet!  I also found it an easy project to put down and pick back up later.

Untitled

Over all, I'm very pleased with how it came out!  While I was working on it I couldn't stop thinking about the time and patience it would take to make an entire bedspread!!  The pattern says you only need 228 motifs...

Comments

  1. ...only??? ;oD
    you did a superb work Kate!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly complex looking and beautiful table runner. I love the way the squares are joined together. It's like a family heirloom. Beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love working on projects that join-as-you-go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, join-as-you-go makes the project go faster!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  4. That's so beautiful! How long did it take you? Imagine making an entire bedspread!!!
    Wishing you a super weekend!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, it's amazing! You are the queen of doilies, seriously :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this idea and bedspread pattern link. I have been looking for something with a different look and also like the New Orleans name since I want to one day visit there. I am going to try to work on the bedspread pattern with Size 3 crochet thread and see how that looks. Thank you again for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and that's a great idea! I love working with size 3 thread! I'd love to see how it goes!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  7. I made this pattern as a runner for a bureau and used 84 blocks measuring 46' BY 84". Using size 20 thread. Turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I bet in the size 20 it is just gorgeous!! That must have taken a lot of time!! I'm jealous! ;)
      Thanks for sharing!
      Kate :}

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts