Square Doily

Untitled

It's about time for some crochet right?  I've been testing out different patterns and motifs because I'm going to make a size specific runner for a friend.  I haven't found the right size (or perfect design) yet, but I did end up with this pretty doily in the experimenting process!

The finished doily is about 12 inches, I used size 10 thread, a 1.65 mm hook, and you can find the charted pattern here.  I love working from a chart.  I find it much easier to visually see the repeating patterns, rather than to read the written directions.

What are you guys working on?

Comments

  1. Ooh, pretty! I love the color. I've never been good at reading charts, but I'd like to learn. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think charts are easy once you get the hang of them! If you try it, and ever need help, don't hesitate to email and I'll do what I can to help!
      Hope you're having a great weekend!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I'd really like to try this one. I like it because it's square. I haven't really tried the charts yet…I bought a book on reading charts, so maybe I'll figure it out. I'm just happy I got over my smaller thread fear, and I've been enjoying working with the size 30.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts