Starshine Doily

Untitled

It's doily time! Today I'm sharing with you the Starshine Doily. Now, some of you may not be able to tell the difference, but upon editing these photos I realized that I had the doily wrong-side up when I took them! It bothered me so much that I almost didn't post this, but I know it doesn't change the look of the finished doily too much...

Untitled

The Starshine Doily pattern can be found HERE (and the Ravelry pattern page HERE). The color changes were inspired by CherryHeart's doily. I used Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread in Silver and Navy, and a 1.65mm hook.

Untitled

You have to like picots and be willing to block it out when you're done, but I think the final result is worth it! (Especially when you see it right-side up! I'm still kicking myself!)

I hope you're having a great week!

Comments

  1. Lovely! I did the excact same thing a few weeks ago, and it turned out perfectly.
    And for sure I will do that again. Thank you for the pattern info.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad to know I'm not alone!
      Happy crafting!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the wrong size up, it also bothers me even though other people may not notice :-) However, this is a very nice oily and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your doilies Kate! I haven't done anything anything like it. :D Maybe next time I'll try. May I know how you block it? Thanks! Jho of BluBox of Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jho! For a blocking board I use those kid's rubber play mat pieces. They are great for pushing pins into, and they are pretty water proof. I pin out the doily to shape, spray it with water, and let it dry overnight before unpinning them.
      Hope that helps, and if you have any other questions, just email!
      Happy crafting!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful doily! Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi!
      Hope you've had a lovely weekend!
      Kate :}

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts