Sonic and Friends

Sonic and friends

Hey everyone! Any fans of Sonic the Hedgehog out there? I recently made these guys for an almost 4 year old Sonic fan. I've actually made all of them before for some other boys, and I seemed to have forgotten how fiddly (but totally worth it in the end) they were!

Untitled

The patterns are by WolfDreamer: you can find the (free!) Sonic pattern HERE, and the (free!) Tails pattern HERE. The Knuckles doll is made with a combination of both patterns, with a few improvisations for the hair and knuckles. For the yarn, I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton Yarn, and a size E (3.5mm) hook. 

Untitled

When I made these dolls in the past I used acrylic yarn, and have done a few "surgeries" on Sonic since he is so loved. I thought I would try cotton yarn with the hopes it might hold up a little better, and maybe be less like to get fuzzy and pill. (I'm always learning and figuring things out!)

Untitled

Tails I think is just the cutest. It's probably his big fox ears.

Untitled

All of the eyes, and a few other pieces on Knuckle's chest and shoes are made from felt that I sewed on. This part is perhaps the most time consuming. I start by making patterns on paper, adjusting, cutting them from felt, adjusting some more...

Untitled

If I was to do Knuckles over, (which I'd rather not any time soon haha!), I think I'd make the head a little bit smaller. I think the big head and hair pieces are a bit heavy for the smaller body.

Untitled

I also think I may have made the knuckles larger than last time... but that's what I get for losing my notes from the first time around! Tip: take notes, keep them organized, don't lose them! (I'm always learning and figuring this out!)

Untitled

Overall, it was a successful project, and I think there's a pretty happy 4 year old there!

What have you guys been working on?

Comments

  1. Such wonderful and creative work indeed. Warm greetings to you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cute and fun! I have never tried to make anything like this. It looks hard to make. They do look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts