Monogramed Bridal Shower Gifts

Untitled

My Silhouette Cameo machine has been one of the best gifts I've ever got! I'm still finding new ways to use it! I think these bridal shower gifts I recently made really show a range of different projects you can make with a cutting machine.

I used permanent vinyl to personalize a set of Moscow mule mugs. I loved how sharp the black looked on the copper!

Untitled

I used removable vinyl to make a stencil for this gorgeous white ash bread/cheese board my dad made. I penciled in the designed, removed the vinyl and then wood burned the monogramed design. When I finished, my first thought was "what can I wood burn next?!" (It was my first real wood burning project, so I was a little excited.)

Untitled

Here you can see one of the copper rivets that hold the leather straps. The rivets are what inspired the copper mule mugs!

Untitled

On Pinterest I saw a cute tea towel set that said "you wash" and "i'll dry," and I thought, I could do that! So I cut out my designs onto freezer paper, ironed them onto the tea towels, and painted them with a mixture of acrylic paint and fabric medium. I just love them! (If you are font curious, [I often am] the monogramed design is made with Sugar Plums, and the "wash and dry" designs are made with Sail.)

Untitled

I also used a pretty blue vinyl to make a personalized ring dish. (Not Silhouette related, I made a little squirrel doily as a joke for my friend. I found a knitting graph on Ravelry that I added a heart to, and did the doily in filet crochet.)

Untitled

Once I had all my monogramed and personalized gifts, I needed something to put them all in! So I found that great rustic looking box with handles at hobby lobby, and yes, I had to monogram that too. I couldn't stop! And to keep the themes going, I painted a big letter B with copper spray paint. God I love a theme.

If you have a cutting machine, what are your favorite projects to make with it?

Comments

  1. WOW! You really went to town! GREAT gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts