Wip Wednesday

Untitled

So here's my progress on the project I alluded to earlier. It looks like a hot mess right now with all of the fancy cardboard yarn bobbins I made, but it will hopefully be a nice Tunisian crocheted afghan. This is only my second time playing around with Tunisian crochet, and the first time with color changes. Let me tell you, it's kind of a pain, but I'm hoping the end result will be worth it!

In the process I have learned what not to do with a big Tunisian project. Don't try to do it sitting in an Adirondack chair with it in your lap and don't try doing it sitting on a bed, unless your bed is super firm because everything will end up falling into where you are sitting. The best place I've found to crochet with this ridiculous mass of tangled bobbins is on a table. It's much easier to keep the bobbins organized, and since you work on just the front, you can just spread it out and work back and forth.

I won't lie, there was a point after seeing the slow progress and all the yarn tails that I already had to sew in that I thought "what have I got myself into?!" Well, only a hundred and some rows to go! Eek!!

What are you guys working on? I think I need to hear about some instant gratification projects!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous progress so far, Kate! Kudos for keeping up with it. I love your yarn bobbins; what a great way to keep your yarn organized. Thanks for the tips! I've been making a lot of piecework pieces lately for some projects but haven't shown them on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well everything looks so well organized and it's looking good so far! I'm not familiar with Tunisian crochet and the finished article looks more like knitting.
    Instant gratification crochet for me are small objects! I'm still into hot pads in fun colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you're using. I have an interminable project too (quilting, not crochet) and I have had to just tell myself that it won't be done in a day, but if I work on it consistently it will be done at some point. Meanwhile I'm making granny square flowers, which is how I found your web site. I'm using the book by Margaret Hubert, but I am going to make a geranium using your Connie's flower instructions. I'm going to make 36 granny squares and a border so it's not instant gratification, but each square is amazing and immensely gratifying. Some pics on my blog, you should be able to see through my profile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts