Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Smiles

Untitled

I'm going to preface this post by saying that I never thought I'd be one to post about food. I think the only other time I've talked about food was in reference to my inability to make it in general. Along with that, I had posted a picture of a cake that I successfully made (even if I couldn't eat it myself since I'm a member of the trendy "GF" crowd, albeit not by choice). Anyways, since then I've become a tiny bit more adept in the kitchen.

The above picture is of a polenta salad I made from a recipe on A Beautiful Mess. It was a success (second time I've made it!), and it was delicious. But I think the thing I loved most about it is how pretty and colorful it was!

Untitled

I enjoy food even more when it is colorful and just looks beautiful. This may be a fairly new development for me, which I think is partially due to my long history with food intolerances. I'm finding that these days I'm much more appreciative of the foods I can eat instead of getting bummed about the foods I can't (the biggest offenders being wheat and dairy).

I'm also excited about my green pepper that is just about ready to be picked! I see a stuffed pepper in my future!

Shoot, I've made myself hungry talking about all this food... (That and I can't seem to go more than two hours without having to eat something!)

What about you guys? What foods make you smile?

3 comments:

  1. How interesting to use polenta circles to put with the tomato slices. It must have been tasty! My favourite foods are often vegetable based and I love trying out new dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poletnta salad looks good! My husband is also a member of the trendy GF crowd - not by choice either, so over the past few years I had to get familiar with new meal ideas. Luckily he's not a picky eater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try out my polenta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)