Photo-Tuesday

Untitled

Happy Tuesday my dear friends! Today I'm sharing a couple of shots from Sunday afternoon. It was a little rainy and dreary in the morning, but in the afternoon I looked out the window and the sun was shining and there was some amazing fog on the lake... (It was nice to see that someone was out in a canoe clearly enjoying the view as much as me!)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The fog, the reflection and the light... It was just so beautiful and ethereal.

Before I go, I thought I'd also share a little poem I read that same Sunday afternoon. I just love running across literary coincidences and then I feel compelled to share them. I had been thinking about how my brother-in-law and I just found out we were both reading Carlos Castaneda, and as I was reading a completely different book, the author (Wayne Dyer) mentioned Castaneda and shared a poem written by Castaneda's wife, which is as follows:

When you think, choose carefully
The thoughts of things you'd like to be...
Thoughts entertained in the minds of men
Become Tomorrow's objectified whims.
-Margaret Runyan Castaneda

I know, you may be wondering what the connection is here, but I'm getting there! For a few days, up until that sunny afternoon, the weather had mostly been rainy, dark, windy and a bit gloomy. Even though that sun and gorgeous fog didn't really last but a few moments, it was enough to brighten my mood for the rest of the day. We get to choose what we keep in our minds, so why not choose to focus on the bright, beautiful and inspiring as opposed to the dark and gloomy? Your subconscious mind has no choice but to objectify the thoughts and feelings that you feed it. So feed it well!

Have a beautiful day my friends!

Comments

  1. I especially like that first misty image with the boat on the lake. Great words from Margaret Runyan Castaneda! They are so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and inspiring words, I have read Carlos Castaneda before and it is a good read.

    Lluisa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice to hear from others who have enjoyed his books!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  3. …. breathtaking pics …..
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts