Sunday Smiles

Untitled

Happy Sunday my friends! As you can see in the photo above, (taken with my mom at the Adirondack Museum), I've been smiling! This whole week I've been smiling because of my family. My sister and brother-in-law came up from Brooklyn for a week of "staycation" (vacationing at home), my dad took some vacation time from work, and we all had lots of fun!

Untitled
Here's Gin "driving" the train that was pulling the car that Mom and I are sitting in in that first photo.

It's kind of funny going to a museum about the place that you live in; you almost feel like a tourist in your own homeland. But the Adirondack Museum is really great, and I think we all left with a little more love and pride for the place that we've been lucky enough to grow up and live in.

Untitled

Even though we were away from the lake for a day, we were still able to brush up on our nautical knot skills at the museum!

Untitled

There's my mom, being a good sport, in the giant chair outside of the museum. It was interesting to learn more about the Adirondack chair, as my family has a history in making and selling them.

Untitled

(And how could I pass up the opportunity to take a picture of an owl on a really cool graphically designed poster?!)

Untitled

The view of Blue Mountain Lake was just gorgeous as well!

Untitled
See the bee I caught in flight?

Untitled
Some pretty nice smiles on Mom and Dad!

Untitled
Here's Gin and Jarrod. Jarrod was really getting into character.

We all had a great time, and if you're ever in upstate New York, you should check out the Adirondack museum!

Untitled

Also during the week, we spent time some time on our little lake kayaking, water skiing, playing horse shoes, watching and helping dad lay stones for a wall, and my sister rented a paddle board to play with.

Untitled

Within two minutes on it, she wanted one of her own. It would be pretty fun to have a couple of them to tour around on. And they'd be pretty fun to do some yoga on...

Untitled

Yup, there's Gin doing a headstand on the board! Pretty impressive! The board is surprisingly steady when standing on it, however it does get a little tricky when trying to do balancing poses on one leg! A good work out!

Over the week I also got to spend some time with Jarrod's mom, aunt and brothers, and had some fabulous family meals with my Uncle Jim and my Gram of course! So many reasons to smile, so many people to be grateful for.

Comments

  1. It looks and sounds as if you had a wonderful time with your family! You and your mum have the same smile! Nice to see your dad too! The Adirondack chair is amazing and your family has a history in the making and selling of them! I love the coloured picture of your sister on the paddle board with the great reflections and well done for the head-stand!
    Great that you got that owl on the poster too.
    What a full and lovely weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kate!!! wonderful pics with the paddle board!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had so much fun with your family! I'm so impressed with Gin's handstand. I'm still working on mine just on land for now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it all looks so beautiful! I've been wanting to try paddle boarding, but only on smooth water...that looks perfect! I think I'll stay on my feet though. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts