Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's Alive!

Untitled

While I was working on this little guy (details soon to follow), I realized I usually only show pictures of finished amigurumis (like Mario and Sonic, Totoro, and the striped giraffe).  So here's a photo of an amigurumi in the putting-together stage, a process I find pretty amusing.  I always feel slightly like a mad scientist with all the body parts laying on the table with all my different surgical tools.  As I'm very focused on the job I can see where it'd be handy to have a nurse or an assistant...  "Igor, scissors!  Needle!  T-pins!"  I also find it funny how the little doll takes on a life of it's own as soon as the eyes are attached.  "It's alive!!! Mwahhhhahaha!"  Sometimes I regret having put on the eyes before I'm done stitching all the openings closed or attaching certain limbs; "well, this is awkward!"  Haha!

Anyone else feel like Dr. Frankenstein when making amigurumis?

5 comments:

  1. LOL yes, it is kind of spooky when you have all parts ready and start stitching!! Poor little ami guys :) Especially with eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes!!! Glad I'm not the only one :)
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. I love seeing this little guy coming alive! I hope it doesn't freak him out to see you sew on his arms and legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made me laugh!!!!!
    .....but I really understand what you mean!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I struggle with these because even if I use a stitch counter I get those little SC all mixed up, so I give up! Must try again, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)