Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Chunky Circle Scarf


I recently made a second chunky circle scarf from people web's tutorial for my sister and her new coat.  For the first scarf, (here), I used a bulky weight yarn, and for this one I used super bulky.


With my big blue plastic hook which I think is a size Q, and Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, I chained 91 and only needed to crochet rounds 1-4 twice in the pattern.  It worked up really fast, and it felt like I was either using a giant's crochet hook or that my hands had shrunk. 


And here's my sister with her scarf and new coat!  The yarn matches really well with the plaid flannel lining!  Success.

4 comments:

  1. The scarf looks really nice. I like the color you chose.

    I am a recent follower, and invite you over to my blog to see what I have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! A quick Crochet is a good crochet I say! and the colour you chose is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous - I love the colour! I'm not doing too well with my crocheting New Year's resolution, I'm afraid - I just can't get the basic basics!!! I'll crack on though. Thanks for the inspiration.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this pattern- I've tried it, but gave up after a very wonky and unsuccessful attempt.
    Your scarf looks just gorgeous- maybe I should try again with a big chunky yarn and see how it goes!
    Must catch up with more of your posts ...
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)