Dr. Seuss Inspired Block


I made this block today in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday!  What an incredibly creative guy he was.  I love how fun and imaginative his stories are, and how they are able to subtly include a moral without preaching it.  When I was little, I liked the rhymes, but I loved the illustrations even more.  His buildings, trees, and characters were like nothing else I'd ever seen.  If I had to pick a favorite Seuss book, it'd have to be Fox in Sox.  My sister and I loved to torture whoever we could get to read it with all of its tongue twisters!  The Tweedle Beetle Battles were the best.


As for the crochet specifics, the pattern is called Trip Around The World Granny from 50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws.  Very easy and fun block!

What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?  Anyone going to the movies to see the Lorax?  I want to see it!!  I loved the movie adaptation of Horton Hears a Who, and hope the Lorax will be just as good!  If you see it, let me know how it is!

In other news, my blog was just featured on Craft Corners, which is a neat little site with craft projects and features lots of different craft blogs!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. That is a nice bold stand out pattern. Great work!
    http://crochetapy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block!! Love Dr Seuss as well!!!
    Congrats on being featured- your work is amazing, and I'm so glad its been recognised!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the block - and love Dr Seuss!!! My class have to listen to his stories A LOT (whether THEY like it of not)!!! ;-)
    I think my favourite is 'Oh! The Places You'll Go'. It's SO inspiring - even for adults (well, me, at least).
    Hope you're having a great weekend, Kate.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts