Versatile Blogger Awards
I got an award! How exciting is that!? I was so flattered to receive the Versatile Blogger Blogger Award from the very talented winkieflash from a creative being. Thank you so much! If you haven't checked out her blog, you should!!
Ok, so 7 things about myself...
Here’s how the award works: After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, the blogger must:
- Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
Ok, so 7 things about myself...
1. I love tea, and very rarely go without at least two cups a day. There's nothing better than sitting down with a nice cup of loose leaf tea. Ok, I take it back, it doesn't get better once you add a little crafting or a good book to said cup of tea.
2. I'm a used book store addict. I have over 600 books, and am trying to slow down as I'm already out of book shelf space. My favorite books are those that offer new perspectives or different theories as I'm fascinated with how perception can influence how one lives life.
3. My personality type according to the Enneagram is the 9, or the peacemaker. I feel learning about the Enneagram is very beneficial because understanding the different personality types and their drives, motivations, needs and fears, increases one's ability for acceptance and open-mindedness... which is always a good thing. (Interested in learning more? Check out the Enneagram Institute website or read any book by Riso and Hudson.)
4. I have an emotionally fragile guinea pig named Percy. As long as I'm not away from him too long, nothing scares him, and I don't run out of radicchio, he's a perfectly happy (and ridiculously adorable) little piggy.
5. I've recently gotten into some great British tv shows, and love British humor. Right now The IT Crowd is my favorite. HILARIOUS. Just go watch it.
6. I prefer to be either barefoot or in a pair of Chuck Taylors.
7. I can't craft or practically do anything without music on. Some of my favorite bands and artists include the Dave Matthews Band, the Avett Brothers, the Ryan Montbleau Band, Andrew Bird, the Decemberists, Iron & Wine, Freelance Whales, Mumford & Sons, Vetiver, Great Lake Swimmers, Fleet Foxes, the Tallest Man on Earth... and I could go on!!
Now for passing the award along! I read a lot of creative blogs, but out of blogs that I've recently discovered, three really stood out in my mind in relation to the word "versatile."
1. Annaboo's House- Annaboo crafts things from crocheted jars to wood blocks (ok, I could be a little biased there!) and most recently participated in her first craft sale, adding a business aspect to her crafting, which is always exciting.
2. genuine mudpie- Trish crafts all sorts of things, has some great crochet tutorials, interesting "favourite things" posts, and I just love her overall philosophy on creativity.
3. The Garden Bell- Kate, along with being very talented and crafty was a great help when I started my blog. I owe a lot of my followers to the kind words she posted about my blog. So not only is she a great blogger, she's a super nice member of the blog community.
You three wonderful ladies don't have to participate/blog about this award if you don't want to, I just wanted to thank you for being so inspirational and give you some recognition for your talents!
Everyone else, you should check these blogs out!