Carpenter Wheel C2C Baby Blanket

Untitled

It's finished! And I'm super pleased with how it turned out. This might also be the first "rainbow-y" thing I've crocheted.

Untitled

I saw a lot of pictures for "Carpenter Wheel C2C" afghans on pinterest, and found the pattern page on Ravelry HERE. I however do not have Facebook, where the pattern was actually posted, but I thought I could figure it out on my own seeing as how I didn't want to make a full size afghan anyways. The only thing I needed to learn how to do was the "join as you go" method for the "corner to corner" method. And I found a great tutorial by thepatchworkheart.

Untitled

With the basics on how to join my blocks, I drew out my pattern (8 squares by 8 squares), figured out how big I wanted each block (8 c2c blocks by 8), and jumped in like I knew what I was doing haha! (This is the best attitude to take when starting something you've never done before by the way.)

Untitled

For yarn, I used various colors of Baby Bee Sweet Delight, and for the hook I used a size 4.0mm (G) hook. (If I did my math right, one skein of yarn technically completed about 17 out of 64 squares.) After all my squares were together, I wanted a simple border in white so as not to distract from the colorful wheel pattern. I did two rows of single crochet. The finished sized ended up about 36 inches square.

Untitled

So I'm very happy with how the blanket turned out, and I already have another blanket design in my head using this method of joining c2c squares... I just have a few more projects to get to before I try it...

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful where can I find this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by this pattern because I made the herringbone c2c blanket using the same jayg method from patch work heart. Will add this one to my list of must dos. Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts