Baby Humpback Whale

Untitled

Today I have a humpback whale to share! I thought the pattern by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof was really great! (Her "Zoodiacs" C2C designs are super adorable as well!)

Baby Humpback Whale

The pattern called for Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn and a size G (4.0mm) hook, but I chose to use Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton yarn and a size E (3.5mm) hook so that the whale would match the other sea creatures I was making. I knew I was taking a risk changing yarn and hook from the pattern, but I think it still worked out well!

Untitled

If I was to make this whale again, I think I would try the Vanna's Choice yarn to see how much larger it would have turned out. I'm so used to making smaller animals, that it was fun making something a bit larger!

Comments

Popular Posts