Puffer Fish

Untitled

It's a puffer fish!! I had this pattern pinned for awhile, and was so excited to try it! And I love the result!

Untitled

For the crochet specifics, I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton Yarn and a size E (3.5mm) hook.

Untitled

I enjoyed learning the picot single crochet or granule stitch which gives the fish such great texture!

Untitled

The shot above with the fish in my hand is for size reference. It's a pretty good size! (The original pattern calls for a slightly smaller yarn and a size D hook).

Untitled

Overall I think it's a great pattern, but maybe not suitable for a beginner with the picot single crochet stitches and the slightly more complicated construction of the eyes and mouth- which I thought were so cleverly designed!

Looking at him just cracks me up!!

Comments

Popular Posts