Cindy Lovey

Untitled

Recognize this Disney princess? It's Cinderella! I couldn't find a better blue in the yarn I like to use for dolls/amigurumi, (Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton Yarn), but I think the idea still gets across.

Untitled

The pattern for this "lovey" (which is a mix between a doll and a mini blanket), is from the bowtykes Ravelry store- Pretty Princess Lovey. I also used some free Disney Collection modification notes from spicy tuesday crafts. 

Yarn is Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton Yarn in the colors Stonewash, Pale Denim, Buttercup, White and Ivory. 

Hooks- Size F (3.75mm) and Size H (5mm)

Untitled

I also improvised a quick headband. (ch 24, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc 5, hdc 4, dc 3, hdc 4, sc 6)

I think she turned out pretty cute. I had never made a lovey before, but it was a relatively quick project! (Again, pattern is HERE.)

Comments

  1. So cute!! I fear I might not do a good job with something like this. The head part seems like a lot of work. A child would be happy to get this lovely doll. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! If you haven't done a project like this I could see how the head part could be intimidating, but it's really not that bad! Just take it one piece at a time! If you ever decide to try something like it and you run into trouble, I'd be happy to help walk you through it! :)

      Happy crocheting!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. You are very kind!! I might some day try to make a doll like that. I am not sure though. We just found out that we are going to be grandparents and that it is a girl so I better start making some crochet things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh congratulations!!! How exciting!!
      Kate :}

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts