Yarn Booty

Untitled

It's been far too long since I've played with yarn and hooks! I just returned from a visit to California with some scrumptious yarns and a hook from Daiso Japan (a Japanese dollar store)! 

If you're familiar with US hook sizes, you know there is a C (2.75 mm) hook and a D (3.25 mm) hook... But what of the 3.0 mm hook? (I believe a 00 in steel hooks is a 3.0 mm, but mine is super old and worn, so I'm not sure how accurate it is.) So I was pretty excited (I know, it's the little things) to find a 3.0 mm with a nice comfy handle! I'm not sure if/when or for what I'm going to use it for, but it's nice to have one!

Anyways, stay tuned as I'm going to start playing with some of that yarn soon!

What are you guys playing with?

Comments

  1. Missed your lovely posts, welcome back & happy spring (kind of)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Happy spring to you as well! Planning on getting back into the posting swing of things, and looking forward to it!
      Happy crafting!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. Where in California were you visiting? Which yarn shop? You really picked up some beautiful skeins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I was in the East Bay! The hand-dyed yarns were actually given to me as gifts while I was there, but they were from a yarn shop in Bainbridge Island, Washington called Churchmouse Yarns & Teas. The un-dyed yarn skein in the top of the photo I actually I found in Star Market in Berkeley (from a local farm). I wasn't expecting to find yarn among food - what a fun find!
      Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  3. Beautiful yarns!! Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kate! Oh yes! I was on Bainbridge Island last October for a nearby ukulele festival and stopped at Churchmouse Yarns. It's a lovely shop, if you ever get the chance to visit. There's also an epic ice-cream place just down the block!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts