Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Victorian Lattice Baby Blanket

Untitled

I just love making baby blankets because they are great nearly instant gratification projects. For this one I was so excited for the excuse to try a square pattern that I kept seeing.

Untitled

The pattern is called Victorian Lattice Square by Destany Wymore (Ravelry pattern page here.) I had also seen a gorgeous blanket made from this pattern by Happy In Red. So, I used the pattern for the square, and then joined the squares and made a scallop border inspired by the Happy In Red blanket.

Untitled

After blocking, the final size was about 35 inches square (4 squares by 4 squares). I love how it came out, and it was a really quick make as well!

Here are the crochet specifics if you're interested:
size G (4.0mm) hook
Baby Bee Sweet Delight Baby yarn in : Angel, Carrots Oh No, Banana, Mint Charm, Pool Time, Infant Teal, Lil Princess, Boo Pink

Changes I made:
- Rnd 9 I did dc instead of sc

-Each square had a white border (Rnd 10)
     -in corner (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc), ch 1, skip 1 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 1, (skip 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 1) to end of row before corner where you skip 1 dc, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in corner...
     -joined squares as I went on this round, replacing ch stitches for slip stitches to join squares in ch 1 spaces (corners would be [2 dc, ch 1, sl st to corner of other square, ch 1, 2 dc in working square])

-Blanket Border
     Rnd 1- in corners (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc), ch , *2 dc in next ch 1 space, ch 1, repeat from * until you reach the join between squares - (2 dc, ch 1) in each square's corner, repeat from *
     Rnd 2- in corners 11 dc, sl st in next space,  *7 dc in next space, sl st in next space, repeat from *

5 comments:

  1. It's turned out so well, Kate. The colours are bright and cheerful, but not overwhelming. Those squares are so pretty and I like the joining and the scalloped edge very much!

    Do I spy a new owl design next to your blog name? I had noticed it before, but forgot to say anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PRETTY! I have this square pattern, but have never tried it. The solid color squares are so elegant! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked the pattern- very easy and fun to watch it come together! I'm definitely going to keep it in mind for future blankets.
      Happy crocheting!
      Kate :}

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)