Monday, June 13, 2016

Birthday Coasters and Mat

Untitled

Hey everyone, today I have some filet crochet to share! I designed and made this coaster and mat set for my mom's birthday.

Untitled

I love how with filet crochet, it's so easy to draw up a design on a piece of graph paper, and there's your pattern! After crocheting the chart, I wasn't sure what to do about a border. I finally decided to go with a scalloped border hoping that it it was a good contrast to all of the straight lines.

Untitled

(I couldn't resist throwing in a picture of them with the staghorn fern that my mom recently gave to me!)

For the crochet specifics, I used size 10 crochet thread, and a 1.5 mm steel hook. The finished size for the coasters was 5.25 inches square, and the larger mat was 11 inches square.

I loved how they came out, and they should fit right in with the rest of my mom's southwestern decor!

2 comments:

  1. How clever of you to design something that matches your mum's southwestern decor. She will be thrilled. I like the scalloped edge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)