Sunday, February 14, 2016

Half Square Triangle Love

Untitled

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Today I finally finished this blanket that has been sitting around for about a year. Feels so good to have it done, and I love the result!

I used a Little Doolally pattern for a pinwheel cushion. I made the squares one round smaller, and I used a size J hook with Vanna's Choice yarn. After arranging 81 squares into a 9x9 square and crocheting a border of 3 rows of double crochet, (and lightly blocking it), the blanket measured about 72 inches square.

My favorite part was arranging the squares. It was a very technical process. No, I'm kidding. I threw all the squares in a pile and pulled one at a time randomly, placed it on the floor, and turned it to my liking. Organized chaos. I love it!

What about you? Do you like a random look, or prefer a more patterned look?

6 comments:

  1. Well your finished blanket certainly looks very striking, Kate. I love the different blues with a touch of grey and refreshing white. It feels lovely to finish a big project like this, doesn't it?
    I rather like a random look in crochet, though sometimes I like to group warm colours and cool colours to create a sort of free mood as the warm and cool blend together in their separate groups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic!
    Love the Northeast winter colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha, it definitely is Northeast winter colors!!
      Kate :}

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)