Monday, November 2, 2015

Rambling Girl

Untitled

My Gram's 95th birthday is coming up soon. (I know, 95, pretty amazing huh?) I knew I was going to get her a gift card to a craft store (so she can pick out fabric for the doll clothes she makes), so all I needed was a fun gift card holder. What better gift card holder than a doll?

Untitled

In the Simply Crochet Magazine's 2015 Amigurumi Collection special issue, I found this adorable pattern for the "Rambling Girl" by Ilaria Caliri. (You can see the Ravelry pattern page here.) I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton yarn and an E (3.5mm) hook. (I'm loving using cotton yarn as opposed to acrylic for amigurumis.)

Untitled

I loved her little bunny hat! I'm hoping her little backpack will be big enough for a gift card!

Untitled

The boots and the little dress, which included a button and a button hole, were made separately. So it was my first little foray into doll dress making! The only thing I didn't do was make a pom pom for the rabbit tail because I didn't think it fit on the dress well with the back pack. I'm wondering if my tension wasn't as tight with the back pack, making it a little larger than intended in relation to the size of the doll. (But I thought she looked just as cute without it!)

Overall, I'm really happy with the way she turned out! Have you guys made any dolls with clothing?

2 comments:

  1. Too adorable and so well made, Kate! I love that little red back bag! What a lucky Gram! Well done for turning 95!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! It's a lovely idea!!!! Brava Kate!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)