Here's "the Rest"


You guys were pretty close with your guesses!  They are tea light holders that I turned on the lathe, and brought to California to give to some of the nicest and most giving people I know!


I turned them from Brazilian mahogany and put an antique oil finish on them.  I just love seeing the color come out with the oil!  I mostly "winged" the designs; the tallest one I made from a picture in my head, the second tallest one from a picture I drew, and the little one was a result of getting carried away with my spindle gouge.  I'm still learning a lot about the lathe and my tools as I go, but I'm so happy with my progress and I'm having so much fun with it!  Next, I think I need to experiment with a lighter colored wood and some paint...


Comments

  1. Kate! Is there NO END to your talents?!?
    They look great - I bet your friends were very pleased indeed with their gifts!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to *guess, but didnt think that would be fair :-)
    You totally should open a shop, you are super talented, and these are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! They look great. I think that light wood would be nice too. You are so talented.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts