Peach Tree Street Table Runner

Untitled

Remember my Peach Tree Street Experiment in acrylic yarn?  Well, I had actually already made a table runner with the same pattern in size 10 thread for a wedding gift!  I will warn you now that there may be an excessive amount of pictures in this post as I loved how it came out!

Untitled

I found the Peach Tree Street pattern in the Star Book No. 224, Tablecloths & Bedspreads.  Using size 10 thread, and a vintage No. 9 steel hook, I made a table runner consisting of 16 of the larger motifs, and 13 of the joining motifs.

Untitled

The large motif is about 6 inches in diameter...

Untitled

And it took me about 1.5 hours to make each large motif....

Untitled

A little more dramatic in black and white, no?

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I just love the texture of the popcorn stitches!

Untitled

Untitled

I can't even begin to imagine making an entire bedspread...  Someday I may just have to do it!!

Anyways, I really loved this pattern!  I've looked around online and I can't find it to give you guys the link...  Maybe if I do more research and am more confident that it is in the public domain, maybe I could share it with you?!

Have a great weekend my friends!!

Comments

  1. amazing work of patience!!!!! beautiful!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intricate looking stitch and it has a very traditional vintage look to it. You certainly give yourself crochet challenges, but I can tell that you love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning and incredibly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - it is gorgeous! Just downright beautiful! Great crochet work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh! That's amazing!!! You can tell it tooks hours and hours and hours and......
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, oh my, OH MY! I LOVE this! You did such a lovely job Kate! Yes...it would probably take me forever, but I would love to have the pattern if you ever find it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I have that book..That is just gorgeous!
    I need to dig that book out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! Have you made anything from that book?
      Kate :}

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts