Shower Curtain Curtains

Untitled

I mentioned the new curtains for my room at my Grandma's awhile ago (here), and I've finally gotten around to writing a post about them! I needed new window dressings as the previous ones didn't quite block out the light from the street lamp at night. After researching different options, I found my answer lied with blackout fabric! I didn't even know blackout fabric existed!

Untitled

I bought two sweet fabric shower curtains from target to hang with the black out fabric. 

Untitled

My sister sewed the blackout fabric (look at that awesome seam!) so that it was just shorter than the shower curtain.

Untitled

If I was following the real curtain rules, I would have bought another curtain to sew to the bottom of the others so that they reached the floor... But I didn't have that kind of patience, and I didn't think the curtain police would come for me.

Untitled

I bought a new curtain rod and curtain clips so that I could just clip the blackout fabric behind the shower curtains. You know the coolest part about this set up? If I want a different look, I can just switch out the curtains with different curtains or even just fabric!

Untitled

Let me tell you, the blackout fabric is awesome! You can see it block out the sun in the photo above, and most importantly it blocks out the street lamp at night! It makes for happy sleeping!

Comments

  1. Please send your sister over so she can do some sewing for me! I just hate sewing! Your new curtains look great and I have black-out fabric in my bedroom for the same reason as you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts