Our Christmas Table

Untitled

Happy January everyone!  To kick off the New Year, I thought I'd share our Scandinavian-inspired Christmas table...

Untitled

We took elements from three beautiful vintage swedish table runners, including red, green, white, snowflakes and reindeer, and attempted a simple setting for 16 people.

Untitled

While I was working on another Christmas project, Nehill kindly cut out some reindeer from a pattern I drew up for another Christmas project... He cut them from maple, and I stained them darker for a nicer contrast to the white tablecloths.

Untitled

During the reindeer cutting process, Nehill spotted my design flaw.  I had no does for the  reindeer!  He remedied that.

Did you recognize the white jars?  My mom and I snipped some tree branches from the back yard to make some simple bouquets.  I thought they turned out pretty cute.  And they smelled pretty good.  And they made a pretty nice natural environment for the reindeer and lady deer.

Untitled

For each place setting, I crocheted snowflake ornaments.  I used a pattern from a Japanese crochet book, size 30 thread and a size 14 crochet hook, and then starched the finished snowflakes.

Because my sister and I are, as our mom calls us, "table divas," our mom dyed some white napkins red for us!  She was unhappy with them and thought they were a little bit pink, but I thought they worked!

Untitled

These incredible table runners I bought from the Etsy shop NORDICARTCURIOSITY.  I almost didn't want to share the link so I could keep all the beautiful swedish vintage goodness to myself!

Untitled

Untitled

Aren't they gorgeous?!  I may just have a vintage Swedish table runner addiction.

Untitled

(We of course had to include the Golden Beaver.)

Well, I was pretty happy with the table, and hope everyone else liked it too!

Comments

  1. What a fantastic table setting , I too love all things scandi/Nordic!

    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Helen! So nice to have a fellow Scandi-lover!
      Happy New Year to you too!!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. Kate, this is stunning and just perfect for the holidays. I love the little touches like the pine needles and wooden deer. I'm sure you had a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a festive Christmas table in the Scandinavian style! I love your pretty crocheted snowflake ornaments and the deer with their doe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts