Owl from Bunny Mummy

Untitled

Isn't this little owl, which practically fits in the palm of your hand, adorable?!  It's made from the Easy Crochet Owl Tutorial by the super talented Jacquie of Bunny Mummy.  You should definitely check out the pattern and her lovely blog!!

Untitled

I made him from little leftover bits of Stylecraft (which is a DK weight) yarn and a 4.0mm hook.  He worked up fairly fast!  Although I think I went a little too fast and couldn't get the top of the head right so that the beak lined up centered over a dc cluster from round 3.  So I just made a few changes to make it work since I must have read the pattern wrong at the end.

Untitled

Don't you think it's the little tufts on the top of his head that just put him over the cuteness edge?  I may loop some yarn in the top of his head so I can hang him.  Or maybe he'll just sit around on my desk. Regardless, he'll be a great source of crafty inspiration.

It's such a great pattern!  I think you should definitely go make one or ten!  I could see how they could get addictive... all the different color combinations...  Thank you so much Jacquie for this wonderful pattern!

(For those curious about the little changes I made:  Started round 4 with a standing hdc in first dc of one of clusters from round 3, followed rest of pattern for round 4.  Started round 5 with ch 1, 1 hdc in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch, 2 dc next stitch, 1 hdc in next stitch, 1 sc in next 3 stitches, 1 hdc next stitch, 2 dc next stitch, 1 dc next stitch, 1 hdc next stich, ch 1, sl st in next stitch [which is first sc from round 3] )

Comments

  1. I know Jacquie"s cute crochet patterns!!! did you ever try the granny hearts?
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful little owl to keep you company, Kate! I have a feeling he may soon be joined by new members of his family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good birthday day and were spolit all weekend!!! :-)
    What a cute little owl - in KATE-colours!!!
    Have a great week!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous owl! It's a great pattern! How did you make the wings? Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little owl. My DD loves owls. I will have to dig through the yarn and give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, he's super cutr Kate I love his cheery colours and blue beak. Thanks for all the sweet things you said.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks again for sharing such a cute pattern!! It's a lot of work to put together a tutorial, and we are so lucky you do it to share :)
      Kate :}

      Delete
  7. He he! Too cute... and so perfect for this blog for some odd reason. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there a way to turn this owl into a pillow? If so do you have the calculations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Sorry it took me so long to reply!) The pattern (which isn't mine, but in the post I linked to the Bunny Mummy pattern) makes for a pretty small owl, so I'm not even sure if using a much thicker yarn and bigger hook would make it pillow sized... Good luck if you try though!
      Kate :}

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts