Mandala CAL Update

Untitled

I finished my Crochet Overlay Mandala No. 1!  It was such a fun pattern, and I can't say enough about how great a pattern it was!  Being very well written, it's a fantastic way to learn this crochet technique.

Untitled

For yarn, I used Vanna's Choice (which is a worsted weight), and a 4.0 mm hook.  At first I thought my hook size was too small because the mandala started to ripple a bit, but blocking took the ripple out.

Untitled

The finished sized turned out to be about 13 1/4 inches in diameter.  I think I'm going to turn it into a wall hanging... maybe put it in a frame?

Untitled

And since I liked the pattern so much, I thought I'd make another out of cotton yarn.  I think it could make a nice largish trivet for the table!  For this one I'm using Loops & Thread cotton, which I'm finding very soft to work with, and a 4.0 mm hook again.  I'm really liking these colors together.

wink from a creative being who organized this lovely CAL, has set up a flickr pool for it if you want to check on everyone's progress.  And you really should make one!

Comments

  1. That is a lovely piece of art - would look very nice in a frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end result is really colourful and the 3-D effect so clever. I love the colour choice and that second one, maybe for a trivet, is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's amazing! makes a gorgeous wall-hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful! Thanks for the blocking tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colors in this overlay mandala, just beautiful. I am making one too...check it out on flickr and my blog..cya..enjoy ur day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your overlay mandala, the colours are very striking :) I am going to turn mine into a small pillow cover when I am finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A pillow is a brilliant idea! I can't wait to see it!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  7. Love the pattern. The color combos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ladies where can i actually find the patterns to make these .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can find them at the CaroCreated Etsy shop. This pattern can be found here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/104510956/crochet-overlay-mandala-no-1-pattern-pdf

      Happy crocheting
      Kate :}

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts